So I’m finally getting around to a nomination I received last year. I was nominated by Lauren from the My Expanding Bookshelf blog, so a big shout out to her for nominating me. 🙂
The Liebster award is a chain award that was created by bloggers and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community.
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
- Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
- Inform your nominees
Eleven random facts about me:
- I’m currently house hunting with my husband.
- I’m surprised I actually blogged the whole year.
- I like wearing tank tops under most of my shirts.
- I love playing Skyrim on Xbox 360.
- I am an avid crocheter and love Pinterest.
- I am a terrible gardener.
- I am very forgetful.
- I like to listen to classics on audiobook on my way to work.
- I have chronic back issues.
- I have a Masters degree in Education.
- I wish I could actually keep a journal. I try but I always forget or think I have nothing to write about.
Here are my answers to her questions:
- What was your favorite class in school? My favorite classes were Art and World Cultures.
- What is your favorite movie quote? From Down Periscope – “And who’s our next contestant?” I’m sure I have a better one, but I use this one all the time and it’s the only one I remember at the moment.
- If you were Prime Minister/President, what would be the first law that you would want to pass? I have never really thought about this, but I would definitely do something related to literacy, language, or taxes.
- Have you ever been given a detention? What for? I was given detention once, in 3rd grade, because the teacher thought I had stolen a book. She later found it in the room because it had been misplaced.
- Sweet or Savory? Depends – I’m totally a chocoholic but I love savory foods.
- Who is your favorite character from childhood? I loved The Black Stallion series, particularly the Island Stallion books in the series. I also loved Charlotte Doyle from The Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.
- Are there any books that you are inspired by? Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom – I should actually read that again, it’s been a while.
- Do you have any middle names? My middle name is Lynn.
- What is your favorite book cover? The Mountain’s Call by Caitlin Brennan and Heart’s Blood by Juliet Marillier are the only ones I can remember. Honestly, I don’t really pay attention to covers except for when I’m initially buying the book. After that I rarely notice it.
- What TV shows can you recommend to someone who really needs to find a new show to obsess over (me)? I love the Big Bang Theory and Hogan’s Heroes, but Castle is also good. I like Project Runway as well.
- What is your favorite social network site to share your blog posts, and why? I use Twitter. I don’t know why, but I like to keep my Book Mouse persona separate from my real world me and my Facebook.
My 11 questions to my nominees:
- What is your favorite genre?
- What are your top five favorite books?
- How do you choose books to read?
- What is your preferred reading format – paperback, hardback, audio, or e-book?
- What is a book you think everyone should read?
- Which book (not a textbook) did you learn the most from?
- Which book changed your outlook on life in some way?
- What is a good series and your favorite book in that series?
- Which book would you recommend for a summer read?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- What is your preferred book store?
Bloggers I Nominate:
- Inspired By A Book – https://inspiredbyabook.wordpress.com/
- Becky: Blogs of a Bookaholic – https://beckysblogs.wordpress.com/
- Kindles and Wine – http://kindlesandwine.com/
- Angela: Books and Opinions – http://booksandopinions.com/
- Joseph Quinton: A Quill and Vellum – https://aquillandvellum.wordpress.com/
- Jenny Floyd: Mrs. Jenny Reads – https://mrsjennyreads.wordpress.com/
- Nicole: My Book Filled Life – https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/my-book-filled-life-12223385
- Alyssa Susanna: The Eater of Books! – https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/eater-books-6326405
- Book Obsessed Blog – https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/book-obsessed-blogweeblycom-12174705
- Passionate Book Lover – https://passionatebklvr.wordpress.com/
- Books, Books, & More Books – http://booksbooksmorebooks.blogspot.com/